Tenants have legal rights and duties. Your legal rights derive from general Landlord/tenant law as well as from any written or verbal tenancy agreements between you and your labdlord.
There are several tenants rights in which you can find on citizen information website, threshold
- You have the right to privacy.
- Your deposit should be returned in reasonable time.
- You must be given/give written notice to leave.
- Your accommodation must be fit live in.
- All Property Service Providers (Letting Agents, Auctioneers, Estate Agents
and Management Agents) operating in the Republic of Ireland must hold a
PSRA licence to provide a property service, and all students seeking to
rent accommodation should ask to see the property service provider’s
licence and note the licence number. This number can then be checked on the
Register of Licensed Property Services Providers to ensure that the licence
is not only valid and in date, but that the provider’s details match those
on the Register. The Register can be found on the PSRA’s website,