Standards and Compliance
Waterford Institute of Technology Students’ Union are working towards complying with Priority 2 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. We are continually making improvements to meet these guidelines, and our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 960 pixels.
- Page structure is conveyed using header elements.
- Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the “view” option in your browser.
- Images that convey important information have alternative text. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alternative text will be left blank.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using colour.
XHTML » Extensible Hypertext Markup Language
All pages on this website conform to the XHTML 1.0 Transitional standard.
Check XHTML Validation
CSS » Cascading Style Sheets
All pages on this website conform to the W3C CSS standard.
Check CSS Validation
Standards Compliant Browsers
- Internet Explorer v8.0+
- Firefox v3.0+
- Chrome v4.0+
- Apple Safari v4.0+
- Netscape 6.2+
If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.